Saturday, January 24, 2015

Ms. Violet on her Mask

The Polymer Clay Guild of Etsy (PCAGOE) challenge theme for February is "Masks".  This is my entry, meet Ms. Violet on her Mask.


Ms. Violet sits atop the world on her mask. 
This mask is wearable or could be used as a fun piece of wall art.

I love masks and have a small collection from my travels. My favorites are the colorful whimsical ones and I decided that this is what I wanted to do ... something a little off the wall and whimsical for this challenge.

I have several cardboard masks blanks and I decided to use one of them. After ideas floated aimlessly around in my head, I captured a combination of them on paper, just enough to give me direction.  I decided on the colors  and with my new pasta machine with motor easily conditioned all the clay.


wasabi, a mixed forest green, navy blue, mixed violet, bronze and gold 

The build:





More views:






Thank you for stopping by! 










No comments:

Post a Comment