Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Polymer Clay Challenge

Happy New Year everyone! With the start of a new year I, like millions of others, make all the usual resolutions: eat less, exercise more, clean the garage, call family more often, ... Some are successful others not so much.

So this year I have found a new challenge. The 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge created by Katie Oskin at Kater's Acres. Katie has challenged us to complete one piece of work each week.  She asks us "Are you looking to challenge & stretch yourself, increase your skills, & be productive in 2015? " Well I said, yes, yes and yes, so I signed on. And simply for those reasons.  I am not going to set my focus in any particular direction except to state that I am currently enjoying working with translucent clay (including liquid) and making night lights using faux stained glass techniques.

This is a no pressure, self motivational type thing, so I could be in a little trouble sometimes!

The guidelines for week 1 can be found here.

If you would like to sign up and play along, just click on the image below.

2015 Polymer Clay Challenge

Happy Creating!

Week 1:

These Little Piggies votives - translucent polymer clay over upcycled horseradish jars.  Lit by battery operated candles. (click on photo for an enlarged view)


Week 2:

This is the bracelet I made after watching Syndee Holt's video on the Polymer Clay Adventure. A lot better than my first two!



Week 3:  

Two more cuff bracelets inspired by Syndee Holt's video.  The texture on the wasabi is from a grapefruit plastic mesh bag!.



Week 4: Ms. Violet on her Mask 


read about her here Ms. Violet on her Mask


Week 5: "put a bird on it" cuff




Week 6: Tropical colors cuff









No comments:

Post a Comment